Monday 13 April 2015

The Almost Perfect Day ?


What would be the ingredients of an almost perfect day? Let me think about this for a minute.
How about this?A morning coffee and breakfast by the ocean on a sun drenched day.
  • A run in ankle deep water on a tropical beach.
  • Reading a good sports book on the same beach under a hot sun. (Of course using a strong SPF sunblock.)
  • A nourishing lunch on the patio by a pool
  •  A hard muscle pumping workout just before supper
  • A deep tissue massage
  • An all you can eat salad bar and meal at a restaurant overlooking an exotic bay
  •  An after supper hot tub outside surrounded by palm trees.
  • A cold tropical beverage in front of a big screen T.V.
  • What's this? They are actually showing amateur wrestling on television!
  • After wrestling the world CrossFit Challenge is on.
  • Finish the evening by drifting  off into a deep restful, uninterrupted slumber.  
Ring! Ring! Ring!
It is the sound of my alarm clock. I jump startled out of bed. I look out the window.
There is no sun-drenched tropical beach. There are no palm trees. There will be no morning coffee
under the palm trees. There will be no long run along the shoreline. There is no amateur wrestling on the tube!
   This is Ottawa, Canada in late March. Although it is theoretically early spring, it is snowing outside. Winter will not give up the ghost this year! 
   The hot tub at my fitness center is kaput once again. A run in six inches of snow does not compare with a run in the ocean surf. There is no CrossFit on T.V. I have to rush to work. I am out of cream for my coffee.  T.V. My cable is on the fritz so I can't even watch the hockey playoffs.
    I look skyward and shout out a self serving, soliloquy slurred slogan of Primal Scream Therapy.  Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!
    
    Now let it go. Face reality. Bodies must be trained. Weight must be lifted. Muscles must be stretched.    Summer will soon be here - I hope!
Don't let the alarm clock ruin this near perfect day!


Until Next Time, .....Keep Fit

Little Bobby Strong



Links
schwabe27.uwmfatloss.hop.clickbank
AudienceBuilder.ca
www.fitnwell.com
www.rabbitview/rabbitview-crossfit





                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment